Monday, August 16, 2010

wow

OK so with one year to go in my service I feel as if I am just getting started. Its a good and bad feeling but really if one wants to make a difference in a community then become one with the community is important and I can say that I am one with my community. Officially I am not a newbie anymore since the new group has been sworn in as volunteers this is nice to think about but I shall do my best to help them in the way that others have helped me. I don't want to ramble on and on but mainly just wanted to throw out some thoughts about how I have changed over the time that I have spent in Ghana. I have learned patience in many forms but still adhere to appointments even if I am the only one who does. I live in the present and enjoy the little things about life that most people take for granted this is something I have been working at for many years but it is nice to apply to a new culture because there are so many little things that you would never take note of if you are a tourist verses living in a country like Ghana. Well I will wrap it up and say that I miss everyone and think about home a lot while I am doing well staying healthy and safe constantly meeting people that I can call friends.

Peace, Love, and all that Good stuff

Austin

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing so much of your journey. It is amazing to have even a glimpse of insight into the beautiful culture and people of Ghana. May God continue to bless you and keep you (and all that good stuff). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what have you been doing for the past couple of months?

    ReplyDelete