Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Support

I am constantly amazed at the support that I receive everyday not just from friends and family but from complete strangers as soon as they hear I am going in the Peace Corps. It really shouldn't surprise me I guess it is just a warm feeling to know that people still care about helping others in a selfless way. I will miss having all the things that I enjoy on a daily basis but really they are all just tools that make life easy. I want to have to live life in the here and now without all the luxuries that currently cloud my perception of the world we live in. It is convenient but is that really all life has to offer? The fact is that it may seem hard the think about a life without our stuff but most people in this world have very little in comparison and they are still happy with what they have. It is not just an ignorance is bliss kind of happiness but rather the gratification of living right now and enjoying this moment not worrying about the past or fretting over the future but simply living.

No comments:

Post a Comment