Tuesday, March 16, 2010



So last month another volunteer and I planned a soccer tournament to help educate for HIV/AIDS. We were able to use all of our testing kits enabling 150 people to know their status which happened to be negative for all 150. We also had videos playing for children to watch and a lady living with HIV to come and talk with everyone. I am proud of everyone who helped and I consider this to be a success for HIV/AIDS education. I started out being a ref but soon realized that I could not be official enough for the teams and I respectfully let one of the nurses take the job. This was just the first of I hope many tournaments I will plan but volunteers have been using soccer to educate for many years so I am by all means not the first. Maybe next time I will be playing for the home team.

1 comment:

  1. That's great news! Yes playing would be much more fun than trying to referee.

    ReplyDelete